I know, I know. Here at Le Blow, we’re always banging on about the 90s. Well how’s this for a new decade to reference?
Get the (Abigail’s) party started! The 70s ARE BACK (albeit with a little less polyester).
Here’s a few reasons why
- The AW12 shows were HUGE for geometric prints and matching printed suiting. Think Miu Miu, Prada and brown and cream carpets.
- THE way to update something RIGHT NOW is to stick a marabou trim on it. Think Meadham Kirchhoff AW12 for colour, fluff and frivolousness.
- For SS13 chambray denim will be key as will 70s folk embroidery, patchwork, bell shapes and the pinafore. Raid your mum’s loft now.
- Mulberry was a great source of 70s colour inspiration for SS13 with top-to-toe mustard, golds and cream being key. Cape-style jackets and daisy buttons added a bit of psychedelic flower power. Marc Fast bigged-up lurex and (watch your sleeves in that Babysham!) ultra-long dress tassels.
- Swedish fashion powerhouse, Acne closed their SS13 show to a cover of Dancing Queen.
How literal can we get here, kids? Get your 70s style disco groove on now!